BSO: Woman Faked 911 Call About Stabbing To Get Attention
South Florida Crime
COOPER CITY (CBSMiami) – Deputies have arrested a woman after they said she filed a false police report and 911 call that resulted in wasted man hours.
The woman, 31-year-old Ginger Powell of Cooper City allegedly called 911 and told dispatchers she was attacked by a random man and was stabbed.
Authorities arrived to the scene and she reportedly gave a physical description of the man and a description of the clothes he was wearing.
In response, the Broward Sheriff’s Office set up a perimeter, brought out K-9 officers and the BSO Aviation Unit.
A perimeter from Pine Island Road to SW 90 Avenue and from Stirling Road to SW 53 Street was boxed off.
Residents were forced to stay indoors and the neighborhood was on lockdown.
According to deputies, it wasn’t until after her fifth interview that Powell recanted her story and her boyfriend confirmed that she had made-up story.
Officials said the call was made to attract attention to Powell.
- West Palm Man Sentenced For Stealing Classified Documents
- Two Fantasy 5 Players Win Jackpot, No Lotto Winner
- Florida Health Officials Host Online Summer Camp
- Challenger, Columbia Wreckage On Public Display For First Time
- 2 To Face Murder Charges After Police Find Concealed Body