LOS ANGELES (AP) — How often do your favorite TV outlets all carry the same show at the same time — and in prime time, without ads?
Tune in to just about any channel on Sept. 5 at 8 p.m. Eastern and Pacific to see for yourself. Dozens of broadcast and cable networks will again donate a simultaneous hour of commercial-free airtime to carry the fundraiser “Stand Up to Cancer.”
Participants will include ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, HBO, Showtime, Lifetime, ESPNews and many others. A Canadian broadcast is being added this year.
Gwyneth Paltrow and Joel Gallen are returning to produce the telecast for a second time, and other stars from television, film and music will encourage and accept donations from the public. The money raised supports cross-disciplinary research toward new cancer treatments.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Taste Of The Town: Biella Ristorante Takes You To Italy In Sunny Isles
- California’s West Hollywood Declares ‘Stormy Daniels Day’
- “Solo, A Star Wars Story” Is Fun, Action-Filled Adventure That Doesn’t Disappoint
- Publix Refuses To Write ‘Summa Cum Laude’ On Graduation Cake
- Harry & Meghan Attend First Royal Engagement As Newlyweds