LOS ANGELES (AP) — How often do your favorite TV outlets all carry the same show at the same time — and in prime time, without ads?
Tune in to just about any channel on Sept. 5 at 8 p.m. Eastern and Pacific to see for yourself. Dozens of broadcast and cable networks will again donate a simultaneous hour of commercial-free airtime to carry the fundraiser “Stand Up to Cancer.”
Participants will include ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, HBO, Showtime, Lifetime, ESPNews and many others. A Canadian broadcast is being added this year.
Gwyneth Paltrow and Joel Gallen are returning to produce the telecast for a second time, and other stars from television, film and music will encourage and accept donations from the public. The money raised supports cross-disciplinary research toward new cancer treatments.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Reports Say Kylie Jenner Is Pregnant With First Child
- Star Trek: Discovery Premieres This Sunday At 8pm On CBS
- Woman Arrested After Brandishing Gun At Kardashian Boutique
- ‘That Was Crazy’: Price Is Right Contestants Hit $1 5 Straight Times On Big Wheel
- ‘Stronger’ Movie About Boston Marathon Survivor Hits Theaters