MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Police arrested the uncle of a 2-year old who died while under his care.
Richard Gibbon is accused of killing his nephew with an overdose of methadone.
Back on May 8th, the 38-year old was babysitting his nephew Amari Francis in Oakland Park.
When the baby’s mother arrived home, deputies say the baby was not breathing. He later died at the hospital.
Investigators say Gibbon had an illness that was being treated by methadone.
In 2005, Gibbon’s niece was hospitalized also while in gibbon’s care. Police say the 16-month-old niece took some of Gibbon’s pills.
Gibbons faces one charge of aggravated manslaughter of a child.
- Mother, Infant Carjacked In Broad Daylight, Then Released
- Lauderhill Police Release Surveillance Of Point-Blank Shooting Outside Fish Market
- Faulty Airbags Have South Florida At Forefront Of Biggest Auto Recall In U.S. History
- Couple Says Atlantis Paradise Resort Let The Bedbugs Bite
- Miami-Dade Mayor Focuses On Youth Violence In Yearly Address