MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Police arrested the uncle of a 2-year old who died while under his care.
Richard Gibbon is accused of killing his nephew with an overdose of methadone.
Back on May 8th, the 38-year old was babysitting his nephew Amari Francis in Oakland Park.
When the baby’s mother arrived home, deputies say the baby was not breathing. He later died at the hospital.
Investigators say Gibbon had an illness that was being treated by methadone.
In 2005, Gibbon’s niece was hospitalized also while in gibbon’s care. Police say the 16-month-old niece took some of Gibbon’s pills.
Gibbons faces one charge of aggravated manslaughter of a child.
- FIU Temporarily Suspends Greek Life Over ‘Growing Concerns’
- Good Samaritan Stops Would-be Burglar In His Tracks
- Police Search For Suspect After Young Boy Is Shot And Killed In Miami-Dade
- Exclusive: Rubio Votes Yes On Tax Plan But Says “We Have A Long Way To Go” On Economic Policy
- Coach Arrested In NY With Teen Booked Into Florida Jail