MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Police arrested the uncle of a 2-year old who died while under his care.
Richard Gibbon is accused of killing his nephew with an overdose of methadone.
Back on May 8th, the 38-year old was babysitting his nephew Amari Francis in Oakland Park.
When the baby’s mother arrived home, deputies say the baby was not breathing. He later died at the hospital.
Investigators say Gibbon had an illness that was being treated by methadone.
In 2005, Gibbon’s niece was hospitalized also while in gibbon’s care. Police say the 16-month-old niece took some of Gibbon’s pills.
Gibbons faces one charge of aggravated manslaughter of a child.
- Hunt Continues For Gunmen Who Ambushed Two Undercover Cops
- Mentor Uses Music To Inspire At-Risk Youth
- 2 Undercover MDPD Officers Ambushed & Shot In NW Miami-Dade
- 3 Arrested After Narcotics Sting Uncovers 47 Kilos Of Cocaine On Cargo Ship
- CBS4’s Lauren Pastrana To Host VH1 Save The Music Foundation Event Tuesday Night