MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A local blood center is calling on people who have “O” negative blood coursing through their veins due to low supply of the blood type.
According to One Blood Donor Centers, the low levels are due to summer vacation, school and college summer breaks.
The group is also asking those who know someone with type “O” to encourage them to donate as soon as possible.
Type “O” is the universal blood type which means any patient can receive it, regardless of their type. The blood type is critical for trauma patients, premature babies, and emergency surgeries.
Those with the Type “O” blood wanting to donate should be 16-years old or older and weigh at least 110 pounds.
- Medical Marijuana Industry Gets Off The Ground
- FIU Dean To Lead Study On Lead Exposure In Children
- Carbonated Water May Not Always Be Healthy Alternative
- The ‘Limitless’ Pill May Have Been Found
- Soda Tax Proposed To Help Stem Obesity Epidemic