Center Calling For Type”O” Blood Due To Shortage
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A local blood center is calling on people who have “O” negative blood coursing through their veins due to low supply of the blood type.
According to One Blood Donor Centers, the low levels are due to summer vacation, school and college summer breaks.
The group is also asking those who know someone with type “O” to encourage them to donate as soon as possible.
Type “O” is the universal blood type which means any patient can receive it, regardless of their type. The blood type is critical for trauma patients, premature babies, and emergency surgeries.
Those with the Type “O” blood wanting to donate should be 16-years old or older and weigh at least 110 pounds.
- Health Officials: International Traveler Had Measles While In South Florida
- Marlins Stolen-Base Champ Dee Gordon Teams With Blechman Foundation to “Dee-Feat” Parkinson’s
- Amy’s Kitchen Issues Recall Over Listeria Concerns
- Florida #2 For Number Of Uninsured In State
- Apple Watch & ResearchKit Raise Privacy Concerns