MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A local blood center is calling on people who have “O” negative blood coursing through their veins due to low supply of the blood type.
According to One Blood Donor Centers, the low levels are due to summer vacation, school and college summer breaks.
The group is also asking those who know someone with type “O” to encourage them to donate as soon as possible.
Type “O” is the universal blood type which means any patient can receive it, regardless of their type. The blood type is critical for trauma patients, premature babies, and emergency surgeries.
Those with the Type “O” blood wanting to donate should be 16-years old or older and weigh at least 110 pounds.
- 9 States, Including Florida, Part Of Massive Egg Recall Due To Salmonella Concerns
- Night Owls Risk Dying Younger, Study Says
- Bathroom Hand Dryers Spray Feces Particles On Your Hands, Study Says
- Oil From Cannabis Used To Treat Anxiety, Depression
- ‘Sweet Tooth’ Gene Linked To Having Less Body Fat, Study Finds