Center Calling For Type”O” Blood Due To Shortage
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A local blood center is calling on people who have “O” negative blood coursing through their veins due to low supply of the blood type.
According to One Blood Donor Centers, the low levels are due to summer vacation, school and college summer breaks.
The group is also asking those who know someone with type “O” to encourage them to donate as soon as possible.
Type “O” is the universal blood type which means any patient can receive it, regardless of their type. The blood type is critical for trauma patients, premature babies, and emergency surgeries.
Those with the Type “O” blood wanting to donate should be 16-years old or older and weigh at least 110 pounds.
- South Miami Police Hope To “Arrest” Type 1 Diabetes
- When Noise Is More Than An Annoyance
- Easy Tips To Keep Your July 4th Food Safe
- More Vaccines Available At Pharmacies Under New Law
- Hi-Tech Healing May Change The Way People Take Meds