SAO PAULO (AP)– Argentina reached the World Cup final on Wednesday after beating the Netherlands 4-2 in a penalty shootout.
Goalkeeper Sergio Romero saved penalties by Ron Vlaar and Wesley Sneijder to give Argentina the win after the game finished 0-0 following extra time. Maxi Rodriguez put away the winning spot kick.
Argentina will play Germany in Sunday’s final at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Report: Miami To Be Part Of NFL’s New Super Bowl Rotation
- Marlins’ Caleb Smith Pitches Over Newcomer Bautista, Mets 5-1
- Tannehill, New-Look Dolphins Kick Off 2018 Organized Team Activities
- Underrated NFL Rookies Who Will Make An Impact In 2018
- Cavaliers-Celtics: LeBron James, Terry Rozier And The Matchup Game