SAO PAULO (AP)– Argentina reached the World Cup final on Wednesday after beating the Netherlands 4-2 in a penalty shootout.
Goalkeeper Sergio Romero saved penalties by Ron Vlaar and Wesley Sneijder to give Argentina the win after the game finished 0-0 following extra time. Maxi Rodriguez put away the winning spot kick.
Argentina will play Germany in Sunday’s final at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Heat Face Tough Test In Stopping Lillard, Trail Blazers
- Panthers Aim For 5th Win In 6 Games Vs. Senators
- Miles Jones Stars, American Heritage Earns Spot In 5A Title Game
- Dolphins Injury Report: Albert, Bushrod & Tunsil Should Play, Alonso Questionable In Week 13
- Battle Of The Undefeated: American Heritage vs. Tampa Jesuit