SAO PAULO (AP)– Argentina reached the World Cup final on Wednesday after beating the Netherlands 4-2 in a penalty shootout.
Goalkeeper Sergio Romero saved penalties by Ron Vlaar and Wesley Sneijder to give Argentina the win after the game finished 0-0 following extra time. Maxi Rodriguez put away the winning spot kick.
Argentina will play Germany in Sunday’s final at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Tough Road Trip For Heat Begins With Battle In Boston
- SEC Rivals Florida And South Carolina Battle For Spot In Final Four
- Marchessault’s Hat Trick Leads Panthers Past Blackhawks 7-0
- Oregon Tops Kansas 74-60 To Advance To First Final Four In 78 Years
- Gonzaga Trounces Xavier 83-59 To Advance To First Final Four In School History