SAO PAULO (AP)– Argentina reached the World Cup final on Wednesday after beating the Netherlands 4-2 in a penalty shootout.
Goalkeeper Sergio Romero saved penalties by Ron Vlaar and Wesley Sneijder to give Argentina the win after the game finished 0-0 following extra time. Maxi Rodriguez put away the winning spot kick.
Argentina will play Germany in Sunday’s final at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Peter Kostis On Pebble Beach: ‘No Better Place In The World For Golf’
- Gallant: “Fortunately For Us We’ve Scored Plenty Of Goals”
- Intentionally Fouling Poor Free Throw Shooters A Growing Issue In NBA
- Helin On Whiteside: “There Are Legitimate Concerns About His Maturity Level”
- Can Cam And The Panthers Contend Again?