Argentina Reaches World Cup Final After Penalties
Sports Fan Insider
SAO PAULO (AP)– Argentina reached the World Cup final on Wednesday after beating the Netherlands 4-2 in a penalty shootout.
Goalkeeper Sergio Romero saved penalties by Ron Vlaar and Wesley Sneijder to give Argentina the win after the game finished 0-0 following extra time. Maxi Rodriguez put away the winning spot kick.
Argentina will play Germany in Sunday’s final at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- CBS Sports Steve Beuerlein talks Vikings vs. Packers on Thursday Night Football
- Florida Begins Stretch That Could Define Season
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Minnesota Vikings Vs. Green Bay Packers
- Hurricanes Look To Keep Win Streak Going Against Unbeaten Georgia Tech
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Giants And Pirates Like It’s 1971 All Over Again?