HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) – Hollywood police have asked for the public’s help in finding the driver responsible for an early morning hit and run accident which left a man in the hospital.
The accident happened Monday morning around 4:40 a.m. on Pembroke Road around South 52nd Avenue.
Traffic investigators said a 65-year old man on a scooter was heading west on Pembroke Road when he was struck by a vehicle. On impact, the man was thrown from the bike. He was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital with severe injuries.
Police were able to recover a piece of the vehicle which struck they man. They determined it belongs to a white 2008 or newer Nissan Altima.
Investigators said the vehicle should have damage to the front right portion of its body.
Police have not been able to locate any witnesses to the accident. Anyone with information is urged to call the Hollywood Police Department at (954) 967-HELP.
- Global Female Empowerment Marches Enter Second Day
- Deportation Fears Have Legal Immigrants Avoiding Health Care
- Wonderful Times For All At ‘Jonathan’s Day’ Event In Palmetto Bay
- Vigil Held For Aventura Shooting Victim As Police Investigation Continues
- Government Shutdown Affects Local Airports, National Parks