HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) – Hollywood police have asked for the public’s help in finding the driver responsible for an early morning hit and run accident which left a man in the hospital.
The accident happened Monday morning around 4:40 a.m. on Pembroke Road around South 52nd Avenue.
Traffic investigators said a 65-year old man on a scooter was heading west on Pembroke Road when he was struck by a vehicle. On impact, the man was thrown from the bike. He was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital with severe injuries.
Police were able to recover a piece of the vehicle which struck they man. They determined it belongs to a white 2008 or newer Nissan Altima.
Investigators said the vehicle should have damage to the front right portion of its body.
Police have not been able to locate any witnesses to the accident. Anyone with information is urged to call the Hollywood Police Department at (954) 967-HELP.
- World Mourns Loss Of Fmr. Israeli President Shimon Peres
- Cops Accompany Child Who Lost Dad To Father-Child Breakfast
- Investigators Worried About Rash Of Car & Home Burglaries Across South Florida
- 6 New Non-Travel Related Zika Cases In South Florida
- Tropical Storm Matthew Moving Into Eastern Caribbean Sea