TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) – Former state lawmaker Mandy Dawson will be imprisoned until at least August 18th after she violated terms of her probation by failing a drug test.
Dawson, a Democrat who represented South Florida districts in the state House and Senate from 1992 to 2008, was released from prison in 2013 after serving six months on a federal income-tax evasion charge. She was sent back to prison for two weeks in December after failing drug tests, according to the Sun Sentinel.
Dawson, 57, was arrested last month because of a failed test and will stay in prison until an August 18th hearing.
The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.
- Thanksgiving Parade Features Balloons, Bands, Heavy Security
- Miami Rescue Mission Preparing Meals For South Florida Homeless, Hungry
- Millions Of Holiday Travelers Doing So Under Worldwide Alert
- Police Searching For Suspect Who Stole Hundreds Of Christmas Trees
- Suspected Florida Robber Sorry About Holiday Heist