TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) – Former state lawmaker Mandy Dawson will be imprisoned until at least August 18th after she violated terms of her probation by failing a drug test.
Dawson, a Democrat who represented South Florida districts in the state House and Senate from 1992 to 2008, was released from prison in 2013 after serving six months on a federal income-tax evasion charge. She was sent back to prison for two weeks in December after failing drug tests, according to the Sun Sentinel.
Dawson, 57, was arrested last month because of a failed test and will stay in prison until an August 18th hearing.
The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.
- Man Hurt After Strange Object Explodes, Neighbors Wondering If It Was Planted
- Preliminary Report On Las Vegas Massacre Does Not Reveal Motive
- Family: Tom Petty Died Of Accidental Drug Overdose
- Exclusive: Prosecutors Release Calls In Michael Irvin Sexual Battery Case
- Senate Vote On Track To Fail: Gov’t Set To Shut Down