TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) – Former state lawmaker Mandy Dawson will be imprisoned until at least August 18th after she violated terms of her probation by failing a drug test.
Dawson, a Democrat who represented South Florida districts in the state House and Senate from 1992 to 2008, was released from prison in 2013 after serving six months on a federal income-tax evasion charge. She was sent back to prison for two weeks in December after failing drug tests, according to the Sun Sentinel.
Dawson, 57, was arrested last month because of a failed test and will stay in prison until an August 18th hearing.
The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.
- One Dead, Two Wounded In Early Morning Miami Gardens Shooting
- 5 Dead As SUV Chased By Border Patrol Crashes In South Texas
- Police Identify Victim Of Deadly Drive-By Shooting In Miami Gardens
- Former Trump Operative Roger Stone Met With Russian Who Wanted $2M For Clinton Dirt
- Trump Again Falsely Blames Democrats For Administration’s Family Separations