TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) – Former state lawmaker Mandy Dawson will be imprisoned until at least August 18th after she violated terms of her probation by failing a drug test.
Dawson, a Democrat who represented South Florida districts in the state House and Senate from 1992 to 2008, was released from prison in 2013 after serving six months on a federal income-tax evasion charge. She was sent back to prison for two weeks in December after failing drug tests, according to the Sun Sentinel.
Dawson, 57, was arrested last month because of a failed test and will stay in prison until an August 18th hearing.
The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.
- Price Tries To Reassure On Health Care; Dems Not Buying It
- Madame Tussauds Unveils Donald Trump Wax Figure Ahead Of Inauguration Day
- Couple Says Atlantis Paradise Resort Let The Bedbugs Bite
- NJ Senator Paves Way For Woman To Receive Life-Saving Kidney From Mom
- Trump EPA Pick Pledges More Cooperation With Industry