DORAL, Fla. (AP) — Six people were arrested after a brawl broke out at a South Florida bar following a World Cup game.
CBS Miami news partner The Miami Herald reports police responded to Baru Urbano in Doral Friday evening after the Brazil-Colombia match.
The fight had concluded but disorderly conduct continued in the parking lot.
Police say two people were charged with battery on a police officer and four others with disorderly intoxication.
Doral Police Chief Richard Blom noted fights aren’t uncommon during big sport events. He said security hasn’t been increased around bars during the World Cup but that he is “clearly cognizant” and keeping an eye on the area.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Firefighter Who Tried To Save Key Largo Workers Remains Critical
- Man Killed In “Wheels Up, Guns Down” Did Not Have ‘Street Legal’ Bike
- Six Remain Hospitalized After Bullets Fly At MLK Day Celebration
- Orlando Nightclub Gunman’s Wife Faces Charges Tied To Attack
- Suspected Lauderdale Airport Gunman Said He Frequented ISIL Dark Web