SUNRISE (CBSMiami) – A man who was grilling in a backyard was struck by lightning Friday afternoon, witnesses said.
According to the man’s brother-in-law, the man was hit by a bolt of lightning and fell into a canal.
Sunrise Fire Rescue officials were called to the scene at 2131 NW 107th Avenue around 2:45 p.m.
Family members told CBS4 they pulled the man from the water and he told them he could not feel his legs.
They added they heard the storm nearby, but it did not appear to be close so they did not go indoors.
The victim was taken to Broward Health Medical Center.
Meteorologists want to remind people, if you are able to hear thunder, you are close enough to be struck by lightning – when thunder roars, go indoors.
- The Art Of Coloring Is No Longer Just For Kids
- Obama: No Specific, Credible Threat To Homeland Ahead Of Thanksgiving
- ‘Facebook Killer’ Found Guilty Of 2nd Degree Murder
- Police Find Escaped Prisoner In West Miami-Dade
- Water Main Break Shuts Down Miami Beach Road