Family: Man Was Struck By Lightning While Grilling
Get Breaking News First
Send Us Your Pictures
SUNRISE (CBSMiami) – A man who was grilling in a backyard was struck by lightning Friday afternoon, witnesses said.
According to the man’s brother-in-law, the man was hit by a bolt of lightning and fell into a canal.
Sunrise Fire Rescue officials were called to the scene at 2131 NW 107th Avenue around 2:45 p.m.
Family members told CBS4 they pulled the man from the water and he told them he could not feel his legs.
They added they heard the storm nearby, but it did not appear to be close so they did not go indoors.
The victim was taken to Broward Health Medical Center.
Meteorologists want to remind people, if you are able to hear thunder, you are close enough to be struck by lightning – when thunder roars, go indoors.
- Couples Turn To Marriage Sabbaticals To Overcome Relationship Issues
- MDPD Officer Accused Of Aiding & Abetting Faces Judge
- Tropical Storm Bertha Now In N. Caribbean Sea
- Bungling Grove Burger Caught On Camera
- Florida Judge Orders Special Session For New Map