FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A Fort Lauderdale police officer was shot and another person was killed Thursday evening, police said.
The officer was a patron at Maquires Hill 16 an Irish Pub and Eatery at 535 Andrews Avenue when an altercation took place, according to the public information officer for Fort Lauderdale Police.
Sheriff Scott Israel said an altercation between a man and a woman in the restaurant’s parking lot led to the shooting.
The officer heard about the altercation and went outside to see what was happening, said officials.
Police said the Fort Lauderdale Police officer and another patron were shot.
Authorities haven’t released information about the officer, but said he’s a 20-year veteran of the force,
The Broward Sheriff’s Office is now the lead on the investigation.
Officials said the officer is out of surgery and the injuries are “not life-threatening”.
Watch Lauren Pastrana’s report, click here.
- Family Members Rush To Hospital After Several Shot At MLK Day Celebration
- Bikers Race Through Streets For “Wheels Up, Guns Down” Amid Crackdown
- Several People Shot During MLK Day Celebration
- Men Working Underground In Key Largo Collapse, Die
- Owners Of ‘The Greatest Show On Earth’ Hold Press Conference To Discuss Its End