Police: Ft. Lauderdale Officer & Restaurant Patron Shot
Get Breaking News First
South Florida Crime
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A Fort Lauderdale police officer was shot and another person was killed Thursday evening, police said.
The officer was a patron at Maquires Hill 16 an Irish Pub and Eatery at 535 Andrews Avenue when an altercation took place, according to the public information officer for Fort Lauderdale Police.
Sheriff Scott Israel said an altercation between a man and a woman in the restaurant’s parking lot led to the shooting.
The officer heard about the altercation and went outside to see what was happening, said officials.
Police said the Fort Lauderdale Police officer and another patron were shot.
Authorities haven’t released information about the officer, but said he’s a 20-year veteran of the force,
The Broward Sheriff’s Office is now the lead on the investigation.
Officials said the officer is out of surgery and the injuries are “not life-threatening”.
Watch Lauren Pastrana’s report, click here.
- Prosecution Rests Case In Corruption Trial Of Fmr. Homestead Mayor
- No Sales Tax For Energy Saving Appliances, Products This Weekend
- Jail Term Reduced For Man Linked To Ex-Rep. Rivera Investigation
- Group Receives Grant Money To Restore Miami Marine Stadium
- FSU Starting Sophomore Quarterback Against Clemson