FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Many birds have no trouble flying, but sometimes one goes a little beyond where its wings were meant to take it.
That happened in Fort Lauderdale Thursday afternoon.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue had to help a pet Macaw named “Sweetie” that escaped her home during afternoon thunderstorms.
The bird’s owner said the type of bird isn’t able to fly down from the perch easily.
Lieutenant Jake Snowhite called for a ladder from Tower Ladder 2 for help.
The bird’s owner gave the crew some handling instructions for the bird and helped it down.
- Victoria’s Secret Angels Talk Ahead Of Big Broadcast
- Zika Zone Lifted For Little River
- Housekeeper Attacked In Key Biscayne Home
- Trump To Offer “Mad Dog” Mattis Secretary Of Defense Post
- Driver Cited In Hialeah School Bus Crash