FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Many birds have no trouble flying, but sometimes one goes a little beyond where its wings were meant to take it.
That happened in Fort Lauderdale Thursday afternoon.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue had to help a pet Macaw named “Sweetie” that escaped her home during afternoon thunderstorms.
The bird’s owner said the type of bird isn’t able to fly down from the perch easily.
Lieutenant Jake Snowhite called for a ladder from Tower Ladder 2 for help.
The bird’s owner gave the crew some handling instructions for the bird and helped it down.
- Two Teens Shot At Liberty City Square Apartments
- Fort Lauderdale Police Detective To Be Laid To Rest On Friday
- Dash Cam Captures High Speed Chase & Fight With DUI Suspect
- Local Air Traffic Control Union President Explains What Happened During Power Outage
- Aerial Spraying In & Around Zika Zone To Continue Saturday