FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Many birds have no trouble flying, but sometimes one goes a little beyond where its wings were meant to take it.
That happened in Fort Lauderdale Thursday afternoon.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue had to help a pet Macaw named “Sweetie” that escaped her home during afternoon thunderstorms.
The bird’s owner said the type of bird isn’t able to fly down from the perch easily.
Lieutenant Jake Snowhite called for a ladder from Tower Ladder 2 for help.
The bird’s owner gave the crew some handling instructions for the bird and helped it down.
- 57 People Arrested Over Memorial Day Weekend
- Abandoned Miami Home Goes Up In Flames
- Marlins Look For First Win Over Braves This Season
- U.S. Special Forces Storm Ft. Lauderdale’s Great American Beach Party
- Key West Pilot Dies After WWII Plane Crashes Into Hudson River