FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Many birds have no trouble flying, but sometimes one goes a little beyond where its wings were meant to take it.
That happened in Fort Lauderdale Thursday afternoon.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue had to help a pet Macaw named “Sweetie” that escaped her home during afternoon thunderstorms.
The bird’s owner said the type of bird isn’t able to fly down from the perch easily.
Lieutenant Jake Snowhite called for a ladder from Tower Ladder 2 for help.
The bird’s owner gave the crew some handling instructions for the bird and helped it down.
- Shoppers Terrified Over Pepper Spray Attacks
- Trump Sworn In As 45th U.S. President
- Trump Supporters Say They Believe In The New ‘Commander-In-Chief’
- Rape Victim Says She Trusted ‘Ordained Minister’ Before Alleged Attack
- U.S. Government Seeks $14 Billion In El Chapo Case