FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Many birds have no trouble flying, but sometimes one goes a little beyond where its wings were meant to take it.
That happened in Fort Lauderdale Thursday afternoon.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue had to help a pet Macaw named “Sweetie” that escaped her home during afternoon thunderstorms.
The bird’s owner said the type of bird isn’t able to fly down from the perch easily.
Lieutenant Jake Snowhite called for a ladder from Tower Ladder 2 for help.
The bird’s owner gave the crew some handling instructions for the bird and helped it down.
- FIU Aware Of Crack In Bridge Before It Collapsed
- Miami-Dade State Attorney Says Criminal Charges “Improbable” In FIU Bridge Collapse
- FDOT Not Made Aware Of Any “Stress Testing”, Received Voicemail About Cracks In Bridge
- Bridge Collapse: FIU Freshman Among Victims Killed
- Graphic Video Shown In Trial Of Pulse Nightclub Shooter’s Widow