FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Many birds have no trouble flying, but sometimes one goes a little beyond where its wings were meant to take it.
That happened in Fort Lauderdale Thursday afternoon.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue had to help a pet Macaw named “Sweetie” that escaped her home during afternoon thunderstorms.
The bird’s owner said the type of bird isn’t able to fly down from the perch easily.
Lieutenant Jake Snowhite called for a ladder from Tower Ladder 2 for help.
The bird’s owner gave the crew some handling instructions for the bird and helped it down.
- South Florida Under Flood Watch As Alberto Brings Heavy Rain Over Florida
- Revelers Making The Best Out of Rainy Memorial Day Weekend
- Take A Digital Bite Out Of Planta’s Coconut Ceviche
- Soggy Weekend Ahead Thanks To Subtropical Storm Alberto
- Traffic Nightmare Ahead For Miami Beach During Memorial Day Weekend