FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Many birds have no trouble flying, but sometimes one goes a little beyond where its wings were meant to take it.
That happened in Fort Lauderdale Thursday afternoon.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue had to help a pet Macaw named “Sweetie” that escaped her home during afternoon thunderstorms.
The bird’s owner said the type of bird isn’t able to fly down from the perch easily.
Lieutenant Jake Snowhite called for a ladder from Tower Ladder 2 for help.
The bird’s owner gave the crew some handling instructions for the bird and helped it down.
- Serious Accident Near Miami Seaquarium Ties Up Traffic
- Superheroes Soar Through Zoo Miami For ‘Live Like Bella’ Fundraiser
- 3-Year-Old Girl Undergoes Surgery After Being Mauled By Dog In Florida City
- Jose Fernandez’s Girlfriend Gives Birth To Baby Girl
- Dealership Taken For A Ride When $150K Maserati Disappears