FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Many birds have no trouble flying, but sometimes one goes a little beyond where its wings were meant to take it.
That happened in Fort Lauderdale Thursday afternoon.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue had to help a pet Macaw named “Sweetie” that escaped her home during afternoon thunderstorms.
The bird’s owner said the type of bird isn’t able to fly down from the perch easily.
Lieutenant Jake Snowhite called for a ladder from Tower Ladder 2 for help.
The bird’s owner gave the crew some handling instructions for the bird and helped it down.
- Scaffolding Collapses 40-Feet Up Killing 1, Injuring 2
- Matt Leblanc Is The ‘Man With A Plan’
- Clinton VP Pick Tim Kaine Talks Early Voting At FIU
- Pregnant Woman With Zika Tells Others To Have Faith
- Election Workers Checking Ballots For Missing Marijuana Question