MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A multiple-car crash trapped a woman inside her car on I-95 in Fort Lauderdale Tuesday.
According to Fort Lauderdale Fire Department, multiple cars including a tractor trailer and a taxi, were involved in an accident on the 900 block of North I-95 causing the woman to become trapped in a black Honda Civic.
Crews had to use the “jaws of life” as part of the rescue. They had to remove the entire side of the crashed car in order to free her.
She was later taken to Broward Health. Two other victims were treated at the scene of the crash.
- Flood Watch Issued In South Florida As Subtropical Storm Alberto Chugs Toward Gulf
- Soggy Weekend Ahead Thanks To Subtropical Storm Alberto
- Traffic Nightmare Ahead For Miami Beach During Memorial Day Weekend
- Publix Suspends Political Contributions Amid Protester “Die-in”
- Fight Leads To Gunfire At Pembroke Lakes Mall