MIRAMAR (CBSMiami) – Police and fire rescue responded to a near drowning of a three-month-old Tuesday night in Miramar.
The incident happened in the gated Riviera Isles community off Miramar Parkway west of I-75 in Miramar where police say the family of the infant lives.
Police said late Tuesday night that the infant’s mother, Inakesha S. Armour, has been arrested and charged with attempted murder.
According to Miramar Police, the infant boy was found by a passerby in a grassy area.
That person, police say, has some medical expertise and began to perform CPR on the infant.
“What I can tell you is that the child was found lying on the grass near a park. On the other side of the park, there are some bushes and a chain link fence. On the other side of that, there’s a canal,” Miramar Police Spokeswoman Tania Rues said.
The child was transported to Memorial Hospital Miramar and later taken to Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital in Hollywood in critical condition.
The mom, according to Mirarmar Police Department, was in the immediate area.
Police would not divulge specifics as to why or how they believe the child may have nearly drowned.
“We don’t really want to speculate as to what occurred. We need to let (the investigation) run it’s course,” Rues said.
- Taste Of The Town: South Beach’s Habitat Is A Warm, Welcoming Eatery
- President Trump To Visit Key West
- Attorney Says Jose Fernandez Probe Has Ruined His Family And Legacy
- Murder Suspect Shot And Killed On Busy Street By Fort Lauderdale Police
- Historic Transition Time In Cuba As Raul Castro Prepares For Successor