MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Firefighters were able to put out a fire which broke out at a well-known South Florida restaurant overnight Tuesday.
The fire officials were dispatched to El Palacio De Los Jugos restaurant at 5741 West Flagler Street just after 3:00 a.m. after reports of heavy black smoke billowing from the roof.
Firefighters arrived to find a two-story building, separate from the restaurant dining area, locked up with smoke pouring out of the roof vents.
Crews forced the doors open and were able to extinguish the fire before it could spread through the rest of the structure.
The building in which the fire occurred is set up as a large kitchen and food storage for the restaurant.
The restaurant had closed at 9:00 p.m. on Monday and was not scheduled to open until 7:00 a.m., according to the owner of the restaurant. The cleaning crew were the only people in the building overnight.
Officials said the building was locked up when crews arrived but it appears the fire originated near the deep fryer and stove.
Investigators continue to try to find out what caused the fire. No injuries were reported.
- Woman Stabbed By Husband In Babies R Us Parking Lot
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas Public Safety Commission Convenes
- Plans Announced For Project That Would Connect Sawgrass Expressway To I-95
- 2 Slain Sheriff’s Deputies Laid To Rest In Florida
- 911 Operator Honored For Work During Deadly Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooting