WBFS/WFOR-TV/ Calder Casino “Big Bang” Contest Rules
WBFS/WFOR-TV/ Calder Casino BIG BANG Contest CONTEST RULES
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win. The contest is void where prohibited by law.
1. How to Enter the Contest:
(a) The WBFS/WFOR-TV / Calder Casino Big Bang Contest will begin on Monday, June 30, 2014 at 5:00 am and ends on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at 9:00 pm. Contest is sponsored by WBFS/WFOR-TV (hereinafter referred to as “Sponsor”).
(b) Win a trip to see a taping of The Big Bang Theory in Los Angeles. To participate in the contest, register by joining Calder Casino’s “Player’s Club”. Once registered, all “Players Club Members” will be able to get one free entry daily into the contest by swiping at one of Calder’s promotional kiosks. On Wednesday’s during the promotion dates, all Players card members will receive two (2) entries when they swipe their card at the promotional kiosk. All participants must be present to swipe their Players club card on August 2, 2014 the day of the drawing between the hours of 9am and 9pm at one of Calder’s promotional kiosks in order to activate all the entries. There will be one (1) grand prize winner.
Sponsor is not responsible for technical or computer failures, errors or data loss of any kind, lost or unavailable Internet connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or deleted computer or network transmissions, inability to access any Web site or on-line service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible or misdirected entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If the judges determine, in their sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual tampering with the Contest or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the judges reserve the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award the prize among all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Contest is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted at CBSMiami.com. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that tampers with the operation of the Contest or website or violates the Official Rules of the Contest.
(c) Entry deemed made by Players Club members that swiped their card at promotional kiosks .
(d) Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries.
2. Eligibility Restrictions:
(a) The contest is open to residents who are 21 years of age or older. Employees of WBFS/WFOR-TV, CBS Corporation, Calder Casino, other television and radio stations in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale market, and their affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising agencies and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household are ineligible to participate or win.
(b) Viewers are eligible to win a WBFS/WFOR-TV contest only once every sixty days. Only one winner per household is permitted in any contest. Viewers are eligible to win a prize valued at $600.00 or more only once every six months.
(c) All entries become the sole property of Station and will not be returned. By entering, entrants agree to abide by these rules, and warrant and represent that their entry is their original work.
(d) Contestants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
(a) One (1) Grand Prize Package for two (2) will be awarded. The Grand Prize Package has an estimated fair market value of $3000 (actual value may vary depending on travel dates and hotel availability) and will include and is limited to the following:
- Hotel accommodations room and tax only, for up to two (2) people in a maximum of one (1) room at a hotel selected by CBS4 for two (2) nights on a date to be specified by CBS4. Hotel accommodations do not include meals, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip. Prize does not include items not specified, such as travel insurance, hotel room service, parking fees, laundry service, food, beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, etc.
- Two (2) round-trip coach class tickets for air transportation from the major hub airport closest to the winner’s home to Los Angeles, CA. Guest of grand prize winner must travel with grand prize winner on same itinerary. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport. Sweepstakes entities will not be responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the Grand Prize, and will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/ delay.
- Two (2) passes to see a taping of The Big Bang Theory at a specified date and time.
- Ground transportation from airport to hotel upon arrival and from hotel to airport for departure. Transportation will also be provided to and from the Big Bang set.
- Prize does not include items not specified, such as travel expenses and/or travel insurance, hotel room service, parking fees, laundry service, food, beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, etc.
- Winner travel arrangements must be made a minimum of fourteen (14) days prior to winner travel and are subject to availability. Hotel stay and airline tickets may not be changed after scheduling, acceptance, and confirmation by CBS4. All elements of the Grand Prize package must be used, redeemed, fulfilled, booked and/or confirmed at the same time and not changes will be permitted. If winner is unable to fulfill any portion of the prize during the time period specified, winner forfeits the entire prize package. Winner and guests must travel at the same time.
NOTE: The Grand Prize must be awarded for specified dates and winner must travel on specified dates or winner will forfeit the Grand Prize. Winner must be 21 years of age or older. Minor traveling companion (if any) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
(g) All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of WBFS/WFOR-TV at 8900 NW 18th Terrace, Miami, FL 33172. Any prize or prize certificate not claimed within three (3) days of notification will be forfeited by the winner. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. WBFS/WFOR-TV is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
(h) Contest prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash. Station reserves the right to substitute prize of comparable value. Sponsors not responsible for lost or stolen certificates.
4. Selection of Winners:
(a) Decisions of contest sponsors with respect to the contest are final.
(b) One (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected from all the entries. Participants must be present to swipe Players Club Card on August 2, 2014 between 9am and 9pm at Calder Casino and Race Course to qualify the entry.
(a) Payment of all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner and winners may receive an IRS Form 1099 or equivalent from Station.
(b) By participating in the contest, the winner agrees to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, and to sign a publicity release, affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to acceptance of the prize. Unless a member of winner’s immediate family, travel companion must be 21 years of age or older. Travel companion must travel with winner and must also sign and return a travel release, which must be returned with winner’s affidavit of eligibility. By accepting the prize, winner grants to Station the right to use the winner’s name, voice, picture and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now known or hereafter invented, without further permission or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). All expenses on receipt and use of prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner and companion, by acceptance of their prizes, agree to release Station, CBS, Warner Brothers, Calder Casino and Race Course, and Green Advertising, their respective parents and subsidiaries, and their respective advertising, promotion and production agencies from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related activity.
(c) Winner, by acceptance of their prize, agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless CBS Television Stations, Calder Casino and Race Course, and Green Advertising and each of their employees, representatives, contractors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, costs of claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. CBS Television Stations, Calder Casino and Green Advertising are not responsible for personal injury of any prize winner incurred in connection with the use of their prize.
6. Contest sponsors reserve the right to make changes in the rules of the contest which will become effective upon announcement.
7. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
8. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification.
9. Calder Casino is administrator of this contest.
10. To obtain a copy of the official rules and/or winner’s list, please write by October 2, 2014 to:
WBFS/WFOR-TV / Calder Casino Big Bang Contest Promotion
C/O WBFS/ WFOR-TV
8900 NW 18TH Terrace
Miami, FL 33172