Police Arrest Man For Hit-And-Run Death
Get Breaking News First
South Florida Crime
NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) — Miami-Dade Police have arrested a man for allegedly hitting and killing a 68-year-old homeless man with his car and leaving the scene.
The incident happened June 21 just after 5 a.m. Police said the driver, 55-year-old Raul Galvez, hit the man in the 3700 block of North River Drive.
After striking the man with his car, Galvez allegedly left the scene leaving behind pieces of his car.
Surveillance video later helped to identify the vehicle and an anonymous tip led to identifying Galvez.
He was arrested Monday and charged with careless driving, leaving the scene of a crash with a death, and driving with a suspended license.
- Rescue Team Searching For Missing Diver Off Fort Lauderdale
- Hollywood Lakes Residents On Alert After Multiple Break-Ins
- Man Arrested After Missing Woman Turns Up Burned In Field
- Miami Swimmer Wins Open-Water Competition
- Baby Saved On Miami Highway Celebrates 1st Birthday