Police Arrest Man For Hit-And-Run Death
Get Breaking News First
South Florida Crime
NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) — Miami-Dade Police have arrested a man for allegedly hitting and killing a 68-year-old homeless man with his car and leaving the scene.
The incident happened June 21 just after 5 a.m. Police said the driver, 55-year-old Raul Galvez, hit the man in the 3700 block of North River Drive.
After striking the man with his car, Galvez allegedly left the scene leaving behind pieces of his car.
Surveillance video later helped to identify the vehicle and an anonymous tip led to identifying Galvez.
He was arrested Monday and charged with careless driving, leaving the scene of a crash with a death, and driving with a suspended license.
- Woman Awakens From Coma, Gives Birth In St. Pete
- Medical Marijuana Could Be Spoiler In Florida Governor’s Race
- Deadly Shooting In SW Miami-Dade Supermarket Parking Lot
- One More Warm Day Before A Nice Cool Weekend
- Are Outrageous Tolls The Wave Of The Future?