NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) — Miami-Dade Police have arrested a man for allegedly hitting and killing a 68-year-old homeless man with his car and leaving the scene.
The incident happened June 21 just after 5 a.m. Police said the driver, 55-year-old Raul Galvez, hit the man in the 3700 block of North River Drive.
After striking the man with his car, Galvez allegedly left the scene leaving behind pieces of his car.
Surveillance video later helped to identify the vehicle and an anonymous tip led to identifying Galvez.
He was arrested Monday and charged with careless driving, leaving the scene of a crash with a death, and driving with a suspended license.
- JFK Remembered As Cool & Presidential More Than 50 Years Later
- Miami Beach Official Calls For End To ‘Urban Beach Weekend’ After Deadly Shooting
- Hospital Discharges One Of Two Officers Involved In Wrong-Way Wreck
- Tiger Woods Arrested For DUI In Jupiter
- ‘We Can’t Forget’: Veteran On Sacrifices Made By Service Members & Families