NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) — Miami-Dade Police have arrested a man for allegedly hitting and killing a 68-year-old homeless man with his car and leaving the scene.
The incident happened June 21 just after 5 a.m. Police said the driver, 55-year-old Raul Galvez, hit the man in the 3700 block of North River Drive.
After striking the man with his car, Galvez allegedly left the scene leaving behind pieces of his car.
Surveillance video later helped to identify the vehicle and an anonymous tip led to identifying Galvez.
He was arrested Monday and charged with careless driving, leaving the scene of a crash with a death, and driving with a suspended license.
- DNC Chair Possible Collateral Damage In Clinton, Sanders Fight
- Traffic Stop Turns Deadly After Officer Shoots Suspect
- Colleagues Honor Opa-Locka Commissioner Killed In Head-On Crash
- Miami Super Bowl Committee Returns To Applause
- Report Paints Grim Picture Of Miami’s Economy