NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) — Miami-Dade Police have arrested a man for allegedly hitting and killing a 68-year-old homeless man with his car and leaving the scene.
The incident happened June 21 just after 5 a.m. Police said the driver, 55-year-old Raul Galvez, hit the man in the 3700 block of North River Drive.
After striking the man with his car, Galvez allegedly left the scene leaving behind pieces of his car.
Surveillance video later helped to identify the vehicle and an anonymous tip led to identifying Galvez.
He was arrested Monday and charged with careless driving, leaving the scene of a crash with a death, and driving with a suspended license.
- Parkland Restaurant Holding Fundraiser To Help Orlando Mass Shooting Victims
- After School Counselor Accused Of Child Molestation Takes Stand
- Heavily Armed Officers At Miami International Airport Becoming All Too Familiar Sight
- $24 Million In Cash Discovered In Miami-Dade Police Raid
- Disney World Drops Jokes About Crocs Eating Kids After Deadly Gator Attack