NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) — Miami-Dade Police have arrested a man for allegedly hitting and killing a 68-year-old homeless man with his car and leaving the scene.
The incident happened June 21 just after 5 a.m. Police said the driver, 55-year-old Raul Galvez, hit the man in the 3700 block of North River Drive.
After striking the man with his car, Galvez allegedly left the scene leaving behind pieces of his car.
Surveillance video later helped to identify the vehicle and an anonymous tip led to identifying Galvez.
He was arrested Monday and charged with careless driving, leaving the scene of a crash with a death, and driving with a suspended license.
- Creators Of ‘Moonlight’ Receive Local Honor, Street Renaming
- Man On Bicycle Killed After Being Hit By Miami-Dade Transit Bus
- One Dead, Four Wounded In Overnight Shooting At Golden Glades
- Cities Around The World March To Defend Science
- Report: Artiles Hired Playboy, Hooters Models As Consultants