GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Rapper Rick Ross has been released after his arrest following a North Carolina concert.
Greensboro Police Department spokeswoman Susan Danielsen says that Ross was taken into custody Friday night after the SuperJam concert. She says a court had issued an order for his arrest because he failed to appear in court on a previous misdemeanor marijuana charge.
The rapper, whose real name is William L. Roberts, was taken into custody after his performance. Danielsen says he was released on $1,000 bond.
Messages seeking comment weren’t immediately returned by a spokesman for Universal Music Group or executives at a booking agency that works with Ross.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- George & Amal Clooney To Join Parkland Students’ March For Our Lives In D.C.
- Romance Scams Cost Americans Millions Of Dollars
- ‘American Horror Story’ Mansion Owners File Lawsuit Over Obsessive Fans
- It’s Fat Tuesday! Toilet Plungers, Stilettos Flying Off Mardi Gras Floats
- Daughter: Popular Crooner Vic Damone Dies In Florida At 89