Rick Ross Arrested After Concert In North Carolina
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Rapper Rick Ross has been released after his arrest following a North Carolina concert.
Greensboro Police Department spokeswoman Susan Danielsen says that Ross was taken into custody Friday night after the SuperJam concert. She says a court had issued an order for his arrest because he failed to appear in court on a previous misdemeanor marijuana charge.
The rapper, whose real name is William L. Roberts, was taken into custody after his performance. Danielsen says he was released on $1,000 bond.
Messages seeking comment weren’t immediately returned by a spokesman for Universal Music Group or executives at a booking agency that works with Ross.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ex-Rap Mogul ‘Suge’ Knight Arrested In Deadly Hit-And-Run
- Katy Perry On Super Bowl Halftime Show: ‘Jaws Will Drop And Faces Will Melt’
- ACM Award Nominations: Full List of 2015 Nominees
- This Week: Madonna Loves Swift & Blink-182 Loses A Member
- Lil Wayne Sues Mentor’s Record Label For $51M, Seeking Split