GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Rapper Rick Ross has been released after his arrest following a North Carolina concert.
Greensboro Police Department spokeswoman Susan Danielsen says that Ross was taken into custody Friday night after the SuperJam concert. She says a court had issued an order for his arrest because he failed to appear in court on a previous misdemeanor marijuana charge.
The rapper, whose real name is William L. Roberts, was taken into custody after his performance. Danielsen says he was released on $1,000 bond.
Messages seeking comment weren’t immediately returned by a spokesman for Universal Music Group or executives at a booking agency that works with Ross.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Legend, Pitt Among Stars Taking New Power Role: TV Producer
- Singer Nick Jonas Meets With South Florida Fans Ahead Of Concert
- Blake Lively On Summer Thriller ‘The Shallows’
- ‘Walking Dead’ To Invade Universal Studios Year-Round
- Jury Finds Led Zeppelin Did Not Steal ‘Stairway To Heaven’ Riff