GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — Rapper Rick Ross has been released after his arrest following a North Carolina concert.
Greensboro Police Department spokeswoman Susan Danielsen says that Ross was taken into custody Friday night after the SuperJam concert. She says a court had issued an order for his arrest because he failed to appear in court on a previous misdemeanor marijuana charge.
The rapper, whose real name is William L. Roberts, was taken into custody after his performance. Danielsen says he was released on $1,000 bond.
Messages seeking comment weren’t immediately returned by a spokesman for Universal Music Group or executives at a booking agency that works with Ross.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Johnny Depp’s Wife Files For Divorce In Los Angeles
- Report: Orlando Theme Parks Enjoy Big Attendance Increase In 2015
- Judge Denies Gawker’s Request For New Trial In Hogan Sex Tape Case
- Meet David Korins, The Man Behind The Look Of ‘Hamilton’
- Bill Cosby Ordered To Stand Trial In Decade-Old Sex Case