DANIA BEACH (CBSMiami) — Seventeen migrants are in custody after they were spotted by Broward Sheriff’s deputies on Sunday in Dania Beach.
According to Border Patrol officers, they received a call in the morning about migrants on the shore of Hillsboro Beach.
When Border Patrol officers arrived at the beach, they found 17 migrants which they believed were smuggled in since, according to officials, there were no rafts or vessels spotted near the area.
The migrants seemed to be in good health, according to officials. There were 15 migrants from Haiti, one from Ecuador, and one from Jamaica.
All seventeen migrants were placed in custody and taken to the Dania Beach Border Patrol Station where they will be interviews and processed for removal and sent back to their home countries.
- Davie Police: Alligator Spotted Feeding On Human Remains Found In Canal
- Police Have Four In Custody Following NW Dade Officer-Involved Shooting
- Vigil Held At Cincinnati Zoo Amid Protests Over Slain Gorilla
- Post-Tropical Cyclone Bonnie Continues To Dump Heavy Rainfall
- No Bond For Man Accused Of Shooting At Cop