NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) – A man was shot several times while riding his bicycle Sunday.
The man died according to Miami-Dade police.
“They need to put a stop to it. It’s getting out of hand. It’s really getting out of hand,” said Garret Jones.
According to witnesses, the man who died was in his mid-20s and was identified as Kenny Phrower by CBS4 sources.
Police said he was shot when someone fired a gun from inside of a vehicle that pulled up beside him at 2020 NW 65 Street. The initial gunfire reportedly sent the man to the ground, but then the shooter allegedly fired at him on the ground.
Neighbors told CBS4’s Jim DeFede they heard as many as nine shots.
Bullet casings littered NW 65 Street.
Jones worries he will one day be hit by a stray bullet if violence continues in the Liberty City community.
“Sometimes you think about that but you just try to stay out of it,” said Jones.
The death happened on the same day another man who was killed in a mass shooting was remembered.
Kevin Richardson, 29, was one of two people killed last Tuesday.
Seven others were hurt when two gunman shot at people standing outside an apartment building.
If you have any information contact Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS.
Watch the report, click here.
- Potentially Catastrophic Maria Headed Toward Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands
- Apartment Residents Camp Out In Parking Lot After Buildings Condemned
- Most Of Keys Reopen To Everyone
- Barry University Charters Students, Faculty In St. Croix Away From Hurricane Maria’s Path
- Flight Attendant Working During Irma Outraged After MIA Charges $187 For Parking