ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Gov. Rick Scott is set to travel around Florida this week to honor the state’s veterans.
Officials announced the Florida Veterans Service Award Tour on Sunday. During Scott’s tour he will award veterans from around the state with the Governor’s Veterans Service Award. It will honor Floridians who have served in the U.S. military.
The tour, which leads up to Independence Day on Friday, has planned stops in Tampa, Fort Myers, Hollywood, West Palm Beach, Jacksonville, Orlando, Pensacola and Panama City.
Scott will award medals with the seal of Florida on the front, and five seals representing the five branches of the military on the back. It will also include an inscription that says “Honoring Those Who Served.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sources: Multiple BSO Deputies Waited Outside School While Shooting Was Happening
- Florida Authorities Say Teens Arrested For School Shooting Threats
- Delta, United Are Latest Companies To Cut Ties With NRA
- Rifle Spotted In Truck At Florida High School, Student Arrested
- Bobby Flay, Guy Fieri Hit Up South Beach Wine & Food Festival