STOCK ISLAND (CBSMIAMI) — Monroe County deputies arrested two men Saturday accused of operating what they called a “rolling meth lab.”
Detectives said they got a tip about men possibly making and selling methamphetamine in the Stock Island area in an old van.
Deputies driving by a Tom Thumb convenience store around 1:00 a.m. spotted and old van with its back doors open and two men standing behind it.
When they pulled up in their patrol car, one of the men threw something into a nearby dumpster which turned out to be a pill bottle with someone else’s name on it. The bottle had 64 pills inside which were identified as Risperidone.
According to deputies, when they searched the van they found marijuana, various chemicals and bottles of liquid which are used to manufacture meth.
John Day, 47, and Scott Gunter , 24, were arrested and charged with production and manufacture of methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine with intent to sell and possession of drug paraphernalia. Gunter was also charged with possession of marijuana.
- Trump Announces New US Strategy In Afghanistan: ‘We’re Not Nation Building, We’re Killing Terrorists’
- Vice President Pence To Make Stop In Doral To Talk Venezuela
- Millions Who Hit The Road For Total Solar Eclipse Experience Spectacular Celestial Show
- 6 People Taken To Hospital After Car Slams Into School Van, Flipping It Over
- Court’s Mea Culpa Doesn’t Halt Execution