MIAMI (AP) — A person with knowledge of the situation tells The Associated Press that Chris Bosh told the Miami Heat on Sunday that he is opting out of the last two years of his contract.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because neither Bosh nor the team had formally announced the move.
Bosh had until Monday to make his decision. He will join LeBron James and Dwyane Wade as Heat stars who will become free agents on Tuesday.
Pat Riley released this statement:
“Today we were notified of Chris’ intentions to opt-out of his contract. Chris is one of the most versatile and dynamic big men in this league, and he has been an instrumental key to our championship success over the last four seasons. We look forward to meeting with Chris and his agent in the coming days to discuss keeping him in Miami for many years to come.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Potential Miami Heat Trade Deadline Deals: Terrance Jones Rental
- LOOK: Dwyane Wade Spent All-Star Weekend Having A Blast With Chris Bosh
- Potential Miami Heat Trade Deadline Deals: Help Carmelo Leave New York
- Potential Miami Heat Trade Deadline Deals: Finding A Backup PG
- Shane Battier Joining Miami Heat Front Office