Modernization Of Sun Life Stadium Begins
MIAMI GARDENS (CBSMiami) – The Miami Dolphins have begun working on the modernization of Sun Life Stadium, the team announced on Saturday.
Following a successful vote by the Miami-Dade Board of County Commissioners last Tuesday, the Dolphins multi-year construction project officially began in parts of Sun Life Stadium.
The entire project is projected to be completed in time for the start of the 2016 football season. The renovations will include a canopy to shade all fans, brand new seats, new video boards and improvements to both the concourse and concessions.
“Today is an exciting day for the Miami Dolphins and South Florida as we mark the beginning of our comprehensive stadium modernization project,” said Tom Garfinkel, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Miami Dolphins and Sun Life Stadium. “Once complete, the stadium will serve as a global destination that will bring a diverse set of world-class events and significant economic benefits to Miami-Dade County.”
The expectation is that once the renovations are finished, South Florida will once again be able to host Super Bowl’s as well as attract world-class sports and entertainment events.
Watch the report, click here.
- Report: Jim Schwartz Turned Down the Miami Dolphins
- Changes Coming Under New Dolphins Head Coach Dan Campbell
- Darlington: Kevin Coyle’s ‘Departure is Inevitable’
- La Canfora: ‘Have a Hard Time Seeing’ Miami Dolphins Pull Out of This
- Dolphins Fire Philbin – New Coach Dan Campbell: ‘Some Players Need A Kick In The Rear’