CORAL GABLES (CBSMiami) – The man accused of firing a weapon on the campus of the University of Miami Friday appeared in court Saturday morning.
Yasmien Love, 35, allegedly went to the school to find an ex-boyfriend where police said he intended to harm him and take his own life. He was reportedly upset over a recent break-up.
Love was arrested and charged with one count of premeditated murder, one count of aggravated battery, and one count of discharging a firearm on school property.
The investigators said the situation was a domestic dispute between the two former boyfriends. The UM said there was no threat to students on campus and activity returned to normal after police responded.
A witness was able to hold Love down on the ground until police arrived.
Love is being held on no bond.
Watch the report, click here.
- BSO Deputy Arrested For Leaking FLL Shooting Video
- IKEA Recalls Chests & Dressers Sold Through June 2016
- Safety Alert: Mom Robbed On University Of Miami Campus
- Solar Eclipse Glasses In Short Supply At Local Stores
- AG Sessions’ Miami Stop To Be Met With Protest