CORAL GABLES (CBSMiami) – The man accused of firing a weapon on the campus of the University of Miami Friday appeared in court Saturday morning.
Yasmien Love, 35, allegedly went to the school to find an ex-boyfriend where police said he intended to harm him and take his own life. He was reportedly upset over a recent break-up.
Love was arrested and charged with one count of premeditated murder, one count of aggravated battery, and one count of discharging a firearm on school property.
The investigators said the situation was a domestic dispute between the two former boyfriends. The UM said there was no threat to students on campus and activity returned to normal after police responded.
A witness was able to hold Love down on the ground until police arrived.
Love is being held on no bond.
Watch the report, click here.
- South Florida Officers Go Through Intense Training For “Operation Heat Shield”
- Memorial Held For Cooper City Missionary Killed In West Africa
- Miami Dade College Inspires Women Programmers At Coding Event
- South Florida Cycles For Survival In Coral Gables
- Legislature Releases Gambling Proposal Adding Craps, Roulette To Casinos