VIERA (CBSMiami/AP) — A Florida Judge accused of punching an assistant public defender is set to return to the bench.
Brevard County Court Judge John Murphy returns to the bench on Monday, June 30th but instead of hearing criminal cases, he will handle civil cases.
Chief Judge John Harris said Friday that the reassignment isn’t a form of discipline.
He says Murphy has been receiving anger management counseling since the altercation earlier this month.
Murphy allegedly hit assistant public defender Andrew Weinstock outside a courtroom after the two exchanged words over whether his client could have a speedy trial.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- The Neighborhood Boom: Allapattah’s Diversity Key To Its Fast-Pace Growth
- Judge: Dr. Phil Interview Of ‘Cannibal Killer’ Must Be Released
- Police Find Teen Shot In Leg Near Sunny Isles Condo Complex
- CNN, Other News Outlets Barred From White House Press Briefing
- Survivors & Friends Find Pulse Shooting Reenactment ‘Disgusting’