MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Singer Gloria Estefan hosted a day of art and action at Miami Marine Stadium Saturday.
Estefan kicked off the daylong celebration as a Trustee of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. She was named the “Voice of Miami Marine Stadium” in May 2013.
She was joined by representatives from the National Trust and Friends of Miami Marine Stadium to unveil several recent accomplishments in the campaign to restore the iconic stadium.
Thirty fans and supporters of Estefan, who had won a social media contest, were also present for the restoration updates and the installation of nine new murals.
Watch the report, click here.
- Touching Tribute To Local Veterans During Honor Flight South Florida
- Disturbing Sex Trend ‘Stealthing’ Raising Legal & Ethical Concerns
- Exclusive: Angry Mom Demands Justice After Daughter’s Encounter With Miami Cop
- BSO: Murder Charge For Man Who Slammed Baby’s Head Against Bedpost
- Fyre Fest In Bahamas Fizzles, Concert Goers Stranded