MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Singer Gloria Estefan hosted a day of art and action at Miami Marine Stadium Saturday.
Estefan kicked off the daylong celebration as a Trustee of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. She was named the “Voice of Miami Marine Stadium” in May 2013.
She was joined by representatives from the National Trust and Friends of Miami Marine Stadium to unveil several recent accomplishments in the campaign to restore the iconic stadium.
Thirty fans and supporters of Estefan, who had won a social media contest, were also present for the restoration updates and the installation of nine new murals.
Watch the report, click here.
- Police Use of Social Media Expanding & It’s Raising New Concerns
- 7 Earth-Size Planets Found In Habitable Zone Outside Our Solar System
- Anti-Trump Protesters Take Fight To Local Leaders Who Didn’t Hold Town Hall
- Trump Administration Lifts Federal Guidelines On Transgender Student Bathroom Protections
- Congressional Leaders Pen Letter Asking Feds To Investigate JCC Bomb Threats