CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — A person familiar with the deal says the Charlotte Hornets have traded the rights to Connecticut guard Shabazz Napier to the Miami Heat.
The person says the Hornets got the 26th and 55th picks from the Heat for the rights to Napier. The person spoke to The Associated Press Thursday on condition of anonymity because the trade had not yet been completed by the NBA.
Napier was drafted by the Hornets with the 24th selection. The Heat selected P.J. Hairston at No. 26, one of the two picks that will be sent to Charlotte.
LeBron James has opted out of the last two years of his Heat contract and will become a free agent. He tweeted Thursday that Napier was his favorite player in the draft.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Heat, Raptors Counting On Key Players In Game 1 Of Semi-Finals
- Luol Deng A Major Reason For Heat’s Success Since Bosh Was Lost
- No Time To Revel In Game 7 Wins For Raptors And Heat
- Heat/Raptor Tickets Go On Sale For NBA Semi-Final
- Exterminated: Heat Swat Hornets In Game 7, Move On To Next Round