FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami/AP) – A man suspected of stealing pesticides from a Palm Beach store was tripped up by his own shoe.
Tyrell Copper, 29, and another man went into a Palm Beach Gardens Home Depot store on Tuesday and tried to take two bags of weed killer without paying.
Someone attempted to stop the pair but Copper ran to a getaway car. The problem? He ran right out of his shoe, which was left behind in the store.
Police spotted the car and pulled it over outside a Lowe’s store. When police asked the occupants to get out, they noticed Copper was missing his right Nike shoe. The missing shoe matched left at the store.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Police Bust Business On Allegations Of Prostitution, Gambling & Drug Dealing
- Last Zika Zone On Miami Beach To Be Lifted
- John Glenn, 1st Astronaut To Orbit Earth, Has Died At 95
- Pulse Nightclub To Host Memorial For Shooting Victims
- Woman Connected To Multiple Crimes Across South Florida Appears Before Judge