Gator Takes Bite At Cadet During Training
Get Breaking News First
TAVARES (CBSMiami/AP) — An instructor shot an alligator to death after it bit a law enforcement cadet during a training session on how to handle gators.
The cadet had a superficial injury after Tuesday’s incident in an Orlando suburb of Lake County, said Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman Greg Workman.
Lake County Sheriff’s Office cadets were training with FWC officials about how to handle nuisance alligators.
The cadet tripped while approaching the alligator, which then bit the cadet’s hand.
An FWC instructor shot the alligator when it wouldn’t let go of the hand.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Couples Turn To Marriage Sabbaticals To Overcome Relationship Issues
- MDPD Officer Accused Of Aiding & Abetting Faces Judge
- Tropical Storm Bertha Now In N. Caribbean Sea
- Bungling Grove Burger Caught On Camera
- Florida Judge Orders Special Session For New Map