Gator Takes Bite At Cadet During Training
Get Breaking News First
TAVARES (CBSMiami/AP) — An instructor shot an alligator to death after it bit a law enforcement cadet during a training session on how to handle gators.
The cadet had a superficial injury after Tuesday’s incident in an Orlando suburb of Lake County, said Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman Greg Workman.
Lake County Sheriff’s Office cadets were training with FWC officials about how to handle nuisance alligators.
The cadet tripped while approaching the alligator, which then bit the cadet’s hand.
An FWC instructor shot the alligator when it wouldn’t let go of the hand.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Steering You Right: Big Closure On Dolphin Expy Coming Up
- Favorite Places Of The CBS4 Morning Team
- Are You Camera Ready? Police Body Cams Are Here
- FIU Police: Look Out For Cyclist Grabbing Female Buttocks
- Search Continues For Man Who Shot 3-Year Old During Fight With Mother