SUNRISE (CBSMiami) – Police are looking for a man and a woman accused of stealing several watches from a department store in Sawgrass Mills Mall.
On Monday night, at the Bloomingdales in Sawgrass Mills, Sunrise Police Department said a man and a woman got away with six Michael Kors watches, totaling $1700.
According to police, as the female suspect exited the store, two loss prevention specialists try to stop her but then she is seen on surveillance pulling out a canister of pepper spray to spray the guards.
The suspected shoplifter was with a man with an orange beard who was wearing a red hat and a t shirt with the words ‘True Religion’ on the front.
Travis Fox was working at the mall when he saw the chaos unfold.
“This guy came up and his eyes were really red and my co-worker gave him a bottle of water to wash his eyes out,” Fox said that two of the pepper spray victims were taken away by paramedics.
Police believe the alleged thieves may have fled in a black four-door Chevy Impala.
Anyone with any information is encouraged to contact the City of Sunrise Police Department at (954) 746-3600 or Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS (8477).
- Holiday Shoppers Line Up To Shop At Sawgrass Mills Mall
- Twin Toddlers Survive Near Drowning In West Palm Beach
- Thanksgiving Parade Features Balloons, Bands, Heavy Security
- Miami Rescue Mission Preparing Meals For South Florida Homeless, Hungry
- Millions Of Holiday Travelers Doing So Under Worldwide Alert