LUTZ (CBSMiami/AP) — A central Florida teen is accused of killing his elderly grandmother in her home at a nudist colony and then driving around with her dead body in a minivan for nearly five yours.
Brandon Machetto, 18, had been living with his grandmother, 74-year-old Sylvia Schmitt, for the past several weeks at the Paradise Lakes nudist community and they apparently fought frequently, said Pasco County sheriff’s spokeswoman Melanie Snow.
A neighbor called 9-1-1 after seeing Machetto drag a wrapped bag with feet dangling out into his grandmother’s minivan early Monday, according to the sheriff’s office.
Machetto allegedly drove around with his grandmother’s body in the back and when deputies tried to pull him over, he reportedly refused to stop. He eventually drove back to the Paradise Lakes where he was arrested.
Machetto was charged with first-degree murder and is being held in jail without bond.
Ronnie Hall, Machetto’s martial arts instructor for seven years, said Machetto nearly died a few years ago when he was attacked by a group of teens who hit him in the back of the head with a rock, according to the Tampa Bay Times. He added that Machetto, who had suffered a brain injury, was not aggressive.
The frequent fights between Machetto and his grandmother were over her trying to get him to take his medication. Deputies said Machetto had been accused of domestic violence against Schmitt in 2012, but she dropped the charge.
- Police Continue Investigating After Homeowner Claims He Shot And Killed Burglar
- Family Friend On Teen Shooting: ‘He Didn’t Mean To Kill His Sister’
- Battered Wife Empowers Others After Dentist Repairs Her Once Damaged Smile
- Serena Williams Opens Up To Gayle King About Pregnancy, Engagement & Career
- City Leaders Confirm 8 Attempts To Extort Money In Hoax Abductions