MIAMI (CBSMiami) – An Opa-locka police detective is on paid administrative duty after he was charged with DUI following an accident on I-95.
The accident happened Friday, June 20th, around 11 p.m. Lieutenant Edward Law, who was off duty at the time, was driving his un-marked police car southbound on the highway when he rear ended another vehicle on the ramp to eastbound State Road 826, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Opa-locka police Sergeant Yosdany Veloz was called to the scene. Veloz noted that Law’s speech was slurred, his eyes were bloodshot and there was an odor of alcohol, according to the FHP. Law allegedly failed a roadside sobriety test.
The FHP said there were no injuries reported in the crash. Opa-locka police added that the damage to both vehicles was under $100.
Law, who reportedly refused to submit to a breath test, was charged with Careless Driving and DUI with property damage.
- Pence Plane Slides Off Runway At NYC’s Laguardia Airport
- Miami-Dade Police Responding To Officer-Involved Shooting In Homestead
- Plantation Family Wins Fight Against City To Keep Up ‘Extreme Christmas’ Display
- Hillary Clinton To Join JLO For Her Miami Concert
- Judgement Day For DUI Driver Who Faced His Paralyzed Victim