SAO PAULO (AP) Jozy Altidore will miss the United States’ World Cup game against Germany on Thursday because of his strained left hamstring.
The forward was injured in the Americans’ opening 2-1 win against Ghana on June 16 and didn’t play in Sunday’s 2-2 draw against Portugal.
U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann said Tuesday that if the Americans qualify for the knockout stage, “we’ll have a good chance to have him back again.”
Germany has four points and leads Group G on goal difference over the U.S. Portugal and Ghana, who also play Thursday, have one point apiece.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bour’s 3-Run Homer Lifts Marlins Over Padres 7-3
- Cole On Dolphins Schedule: “Opponents Aren’t Brutal But It’s A Rough Travel Schedule”
- Koehler, Marlins Go For Series Win In Rubber Match With Padres
- Stanton Homers Twice, Gordon Scores On Wild Play In 11th As Marlins Win
- Canes Spring Scrimmage Notebook: Defense Impresses, Quarterbacks Still Battling