SAO PAULO (AP) Jozy Altidore will miss the United States’ World Cup game against Germany on Thursday because of his strained left hamstring.
The forward was injured in the Americans’ opening 2-1 win against Ghana on June 16 and didn’t play in Sunday’s 2-2 draw against Portugal.
U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann said Tuesday that if the Americans qualify for the knockout stage, “we’ll have a good chance to have him back again.”
Germany has four points and leads Group G on goal difference over the U.S. Portugal and Ghana, who also play Thursday, have one point apiece.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Big Week Of Soccer At Hard Rock Stadium Begins With PSG Facing Juventus
- USMNT Vs. Jamaica In Gold Cup Final: How To Watch, Things To Know
- Dolphins “Have To Keep Protecting Tannehill” To Remain Successful, Darlington Says
- Ureña, Darvish Set To Battle In Rubber Match Between Marlins And Rangers
- Marlins Hurt Big Time By Homers, Lose 10-4 To Rangers