MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Say good bye to the state lottery’s Mega Money game.
Floorida lottery officials have announced that Mega Money is ending on July 1. The game was first introduced back in 1998. Tickets for Lucky Money will go on sale the following day. Players will have until December 28, 2014, to redeem winning Mega Money tickets.
Players win the Lucky Money jackpot by matching four white ball numbers plus the “Lucky Ball” number. Tickets cost $1. The jackpots start at $500,000 and can eventually reach up to $2 million.
The move to change Mega Money is not unexpected since there were concerns about player confusion after the state introduced Mega Millions last year.
Ticket sales for Mega Money have declined in recent years and were projected to remain relatively flat.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- BSO Deputy Faces Sex Charges Involving Underage Teen
- Family, Friends & Veterans Pay Their Respects At Viewing For Soldier Killed In Niger Ambush
- Exclusive: Rep. Wilson Spokesperson Says Threats Against Congresswoman Intensifying
- Police Need Help Finding 2 Teens Missing In Miami-Dade
- Special Recipe: KFC Twitter Account Follows 11 Herbs & Spices To The Internet’s Delight