MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Get Covered America met with 200 small businesses across the state over the weekend to talk with the about getting their employees signed up for health coverage.
It was their first outreach since open enrollment ended in April.
The SHOP Marketplace is open to employers with 50 or fewer full-time employees who can sign-up on a rolling basis.
Roughly 1 million Floridians signed up for insurance through the Affordable Care Act exchange, but experts say there’s still an education gap for consumers.
The next open enrollment period for individuals outside SHOP starts in November, but consumers may be able to enroll sooner if they get married, have a baby, lose their employer coverage or have another life changing event.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Video: Group Of 6 Loot Hialeah GameStop During Hurricane Irma
- Phil Collins Ready To ‘Help Young Kids With Ambitions, Dreams’ At Open Music Auditions
- CBS4 Exclusive: Business Owner Says Looters Victimize 32 Metro PCS Stores During Irma
- Rubio, Curbelo Join Paul Ryan On Aerial Tour Of Keys Damage
- Hurricane Maria: Flash Flooding In Puerto Rico, Conditions Deteriorating In Dominican Republic