MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Get Covered America met with 200 small businesses across the state over the weekend to talk with the about getting their employees signed up for health coverage.
It was their first outreach since open enrollment ended in April.
The SHOP Marketplace is open to employers with 50 or fewer full-time employees who can sign-up on a rolling basis.
Roughly 1 million Floridians signed up for insurance through the Affordable Care Act exchange, but experts say there’s still an education gap for consumers.
The next open enrollment period for individuals outside SHOP starts in November, but consumers may be able to enroll sooner if they get married, have a baby, lose their employer coverage or have another life changing event.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Clinton, Sanders Clash Over Minorities, Money And Obama
- Stray Dog Danger: 61-Year-Old Woman Attacked Shares Her Horror Story
- Robbers Force Delivery Men, Family To The Ground In Armed Home Invasion
- Customer Ambushed By Knife-Wielding Thief At Hollywood McDonald’s
- Arrest Made As Police Expand Search In High School Shooting