MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Police are investigating after a body was found in a Miami home Monday afternoon.
Police say a man was shot and killed at NE 8th Court and 85th Street just east of Biscayne Boulevard about 3:15 p.m.
Neighbors described hearing a gunshot.
“Boom, I thought it was getting ready to rain,” said Sam Lima. “I thought it was thundering, my dog started barking.”
According to investigators, they received a call from the victims roommate. It’s not clear whether the roommate was at home at the time of the shooting, or if he discovered his friend’s body afterwards.
“Devastated,” said neighbor Thelma Youngblood. “I feel so sorry for the person.”
Neighbors say the men who live in the home are musicians.
Family members said the victim is Louis Salgar, 31, a popular bar tender at Broken Shaker.
Police have not identified a motive for the murder and do not have any suspects in custody.
If you have any information you are asked to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS.
Watch the report, click here.
- 9 Face Hazing Charges In Death Of Florida State Pledge
- Off-Duty Doral Police Officer Shot In Palmetto Bay
- Fort Lauderdale Mayoral Race Heads To Runoff
- ‘Big Old Gun In My Face’: Woman Carjacked By ‘Kids’ In Broad Daylight
- Expect Your Commute To Be More Than An Hour If You Live In These Areas