DAVIE (CBSMiami) – A flock of flamingos is missing in Davie. Not real ones, but plastic ones put up for good cause!
“Divas for a Cure” is a “Relay for Life” team dedicated to raising awareness and funds for cancer research.
The girls earn money by “flocking” homes with pink flamingos.
If your house is flocked, they’ll come pick up the plastic birds only once you make a donation and tell them who they should flock next.
They were devastated to learn the flamingos they used to decorate a lawn in Davie last week were stolen.
“We’ve been working so hard on this. We’ve been doing this every single day for multiple hours, put so much hard work into it, making the posters, even taping up the legs to make sure they don’t fall out of the flamingos. Having someone steal it is just a horrible thing because all the proceeds are going to such a great cause,” said Emma Gillian with “Divas for a Cure”.
The girls hope to raise $5,500 for Relay for Life by August.
So far they have about $4,700, but they’re worried they won’t reach their fundraising goal without the flamingos.
If you know where the missing plastic flamingos might be contact Davie Police.
- Mom Pulling Kindergartener From School After Being Placed On Wrong Bus, Missing For Hours
- Power Fully Restored After Fire At FPL Plant
- Five New Non-Travel Cases Of Zika In Florida
- Tropical Storm Gaston Continues Strengthening, Expected To Become Hurricane
- Central Florida Senate Race Tilts To The Right