Chihuahua Receives Surgery After Community Makes Donations
HIALEAH (CBSMiami) – “Timmy” the small Chihuahua found shot over the weekend underwent surgery Monday afternoon to repair his leg.
The dog was found by Mirtha Garcia who at first thought the dog was just injured but later learned that it had been shot.
Garcia had to raise nearly $3,000 to pay for the surgery and did it through community donations.
Timmy was taken to Diaz’ Heart Animal Hospital where Dr. Jose Diaz found the fragment of a bullet inside the bone and muscle of the dog’s leg after taking an x-ray.
Garcia is still searching to find a good home for Timmy and has been contacted by multiple people both looking to donate to the dog’s medical expenses and to inquire about finding him a home.
Enough money has been raised to help Timmy, but if you would like to also contribute to his care, click here to make a donation.
Click here for more information on Timmy the Chihuahua.
- Retail Strategist Says It’s The Season Of Spending For Floridians
- Holiday Shoppers Flock To South Florida Malls
- Police Find Decomposing Bodies Of Elderly Lake Clarke Shores Couple
- Fire Truck Runs Over Boca Raton Firefighter’s Leg
- Criminal Casanova Back In Court With New Charge