HIALEAH (CBSMiami) – “Timmy” the small Chihuahua found shot over the weekend underwent surgery Monday afternoon to repair his leg.
The dog was found by Mirtha Garcia who at first thought the dog was just injured but later learned that it had been shot.
Garcia had to raise nearly $3,000 to pay for the surgery and did it through community donations.
Timmy was taken to Diaz’ Heart Animal Hospital where Dr. Jose Diaz found the fragment of a bullet inside the bone and muscle of the dog’s leg after taking an x-ray.
Garcia is still searching to find a good home for Timmy and has been contacted by multiple people both looking to donate to the dog’s medical expenses and to inquire about finding him a home.
Enough money has been raised to help Timmy, but if you would like to also contribute to his care, click here to make a donation.
Click here for more information on Timmy the Chihuahua.
- Stray Dog Danger: 61-Year-Old Woman Attacked Shares Her Horror Story
- Robbers Force Delivery Men, Family To The Ground In Armed Home Invasion
- Customer Ambushed By Knife-Wielding Thief At Hollywood McDonald’s
- Arrest Made As Police Expand Search In High School Shooting
- Bullet Hits School Portable With Special Needs Children