HIALEAH (CBSMiami) – “Timmy” the small Chihuahua found shot over the weekend underwent surgery Monday afternoon to repair his leg.
The dog was found by Mirtha Garcia who at first thought the dog was just injured but later learned that it had been shot.
Garcia had to raise nearly $3,000 to pay for the surgery and did it through community donations.
Timmy was taken to Diaz’ Heart Animal Hospital where Dr. Jose Diaz found the fragment of a bullet inside the bone and muscle of the dog’s leg after taking an x-ray.
Garcia is still searching to find a good home for Timmy and has been contacted by multiple people both looking to donate to the dog’s medical expenses and to inquire about finding him a home.
Enough money has been raised to help Timmy, but if you would like to also contribute to his care, click here to make a donation.
Click here for more information on Timmy the Chihuahua.
- BSO Arrests Father, Girlfriend In Death Of Toddler
- Fort Lauderdale Commissioner Wants To Ban Sale Of Assault Rifles At Local Gun Show
- Employee Murdered At Cutler Bay Storage Facility
- Caught On Camera: Woman With Toy Gun In Confrontation With Officer
- Ft. Lauderdale Expands Water Advisory Over Sewer Main Breaks