CAPE CANAVERAL (CBSMiami/AP) — Weather forced the SpaceX launch to be pushed to Sunday afternoon.
SpaceX is expected to attempt a third launching of the Falcon 9 rocket and six Orbcomm satellites if weather permits.
Showers and thunderstorms are expected and Air Force meteorologists predict a 20 percent chance of adequate weather. The launch window has been widened from the normal hour to 5:30 p.m. to 8:08 p.m.
Weather forced Saturday’s launch to be canceled and fluctuating rocket tank pressures stopped Friday’s attempt.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Suspect In Custody After Miami Gardens Police Involved Shooting
- Investigators Looking Into Double Shooting In Fort Lauderdale
- Police Investigating What Caused Deadly Coral Gables Explosion
- Explosion Turns Deadly At Coral Gables Gas Station
- Barber Shop Shooting Leaves Man In Critical Condition