SpaceX Launch Rescheduled For Sunday Afternoon
End Of An Era
CAPE CANAVERAL (CBSMiami/AP) — Weather forced the SpaceX launch to be pushed to Sunday afternoon.
SpaceX is expected to attempt a third launching of the Falcon 9 rocket and six Orbcomm satellites if weather permits.
Showers and thunderstorms are expected and Air Force meteorologists predict a 20 percent chance of adequate weather. The launch window has been widened from the normal hour to 5:30 p.m. to 8:08 p.m.
Weather forced Saturday’s launch to be canceled and fluctuating rocket tank pressures stopped Friday’s attempt.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- 2015 National Urban League Conference Kicks Off In Fort Lauderdale
- Two Dead In Plantation Crash
- CBS4 Exclusive: DJ Laz Describes Deadly Boat Accident On Deposition Video
- Police Find Cab In Connection To Deadly Hit & Run
- Police: Pot Scattered On Lawn Of Florida City Grow House