ORLANDO(CBSMiami/AP) — Florida cities have made it to the list of least walkable metro areas, according to a new study.
The report released last week by The George Washington School of Business puts Orlando No. 30 out of the 30 largest metro areas in the country when it comes to having walkable urban places.
Orlando wasn’t the only Florida city at the bottom of the list.
Tampa was the third-least walkable major metro area, and Miami was the eighth-least walkable city.
The study is optimistic that Orlando will have more walkable places in the future.
It placed Orlando No. 18 out of 30 on its list of rankings projected for the future.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Off Duty Officials Jump Into Action After Fatal Key Biscayne Crash
- Serious Accident Near Miami Seaquarium Ties Up Traffic
- Ex-Labor Secretary Tom Perez Elected DNC Chair
- Superheroes Soar Through Zoo Miami For ‘Live Like Bella’ Fundraiser
- 3-Year-Old Girl Undergoes Surgery After Being Mauled By Dog In Florida City