HIALEAH (CBSMiami) – A small Chihuahua who was shot will receive life-saving surgery Monday, but donations are still needed to cover all of the expenses.
It’s still not clear how the pup called “Timmy” ended up getting shot or who the owner is.
Mertha Garcia found the dog at a shelter. At first, she just thought it was injured, but later learned it had been shot.
Garcia had him taken to Diaz’ Heart Animal Hospital where Dr. Jose Diaz immediately took an x-ray to find a fragment of a bullet inside the bone and muscle of the dog’s leg.
Dr. Diaz said after surgery Timmy will recover for 10 days, but the surgery cost $3,000 dollars.
The full amount has not been received, but with a few more donations, the goal is within reach, said the veterinarian.
If the owner of the dog doesn’t come forward, when the dog recovers, it will be adopted to a new family.
Surgery is scheduled for 3 p.m. Monday.
To help, you can contact Dr. Jose Diaz at (305) 824-0500, email him at email@example.com or click here.
Click here for more info on Timmy the Chihuahua.
Watch the report, click here.
- Sports Car Hangs Off I-95 Barrier After Bizarre Crash
- Mother Of Girl Left Brain Dead After Shooting Asks For Help
- Broward Polling Places Open For Business Under Gloomy Skies
- Incumbent Miami-Dade Mayor Faces Challenge In Contentious Race
- It’s Primary Day & Miami-Dade Voters Are Voicing Their Support