MEDLEY (CBSMiami) – Police in Medley are searching for the subjects and the vehicles they fled in after allegedly attacking a man with a machete.
The attack happened Saturday afternoon.
The victim was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center with lacerations and in critical condition, Medley police said.
Witnesses said two shots were fired, but police said no one was hit with bullets.
“The victim did suffer lacerations and we did have two rounds fired at the scene,” said Ofc. Louis Ponce. “At this time it is inconclusive who fired the shots. It’s under investigation.”
According to officials, five people were involved in the attack and fled in an orange Hummer and two silver-colored four-door sedans with smashed windows.
The victim reportedly used a metal bar to defend himself and hit the vehicles the subjects were in.
The incident began as an argument in the parking lot of a restaurant.
Police said people eating at the nearby restaurant heard a commotion and peeked outside to see a man lying on the ground.
If you have information, contact Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS.
Watch Maggie Newland’s report, click here.
- Arrest Made After Off-Duty Doral Officer Shot During Robbery
- Anti-Gambling Measure Goes On November Ballot
- Large Protest Takes Place In Downtown Miami Over Immigration
- Man Accused Of Impersonating Miami Beach Police Officer Won’t Be Charged
- Exclusive: Body Cam Footage Of Man Arrested, Found With Loaded Assault Weapons