Fort Lauderdale Hosts Hurricane Expo
Get Breaking News First
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – South Florida residents had the opportunity to learn more about hurricanes to help prepare their families for the 2014 season.
For the first time, Fort Lauderdale hosted the Hurricane EXPO 2014 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
The goal of the expo was to prepare thousands of people and families in the event a storm were to hit South Florida.
During the expo, there were raffles, giveaways and presentations designed to be educational.
Special response vehicles were also on display.
CBS4’s meteorologists were on hand to answer questions and meet members of the community.
- Hurricane Edouard Perfect For Storm Research With Drones
- Edouard Expected To Weaken
- NOAA To Launch Drones Into Hurricane Edouard
- Florida Marks The 10th Anniversary Of Hurricane Ivan
- Edouard Forecast To Become A Major Hurricane