FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – South Florida residents had the opportunity to learn more about hurricanes to help prepare their families for the 2014 season.
For the first time, Fort Lauderdale hosted the Hurricane EXPO 2014 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
The goal of the expo was to prepare thousands of people and families in the event a storm were to hit South Florida.
During the expo, there were raffles, giveaways and presentations designed to be educational.
Special response vehicles were also on display.
CBS4’s meteorologists were on hand to answer questions and meet members of the community.
- Hurricane Kate Weakens To A Tropical Storm
- Tropical Storm Kate Expected To Become A Hurricane
- Tropical Storm Kate Moving Away From Bahamas
- Joaquin Now A Post-Tropical Cyclone
- Relief Aid Needed For Bahamas After Hurricane Joaquin