ORLANDO (CBSMiami/ AP) — A Florida man is facing an attempted murder charge after he threw hot grease and grits at a man on his front porch.
Edward Holley told investigators that he had gotten into an argument with Darryl Blacknell on Tuesday night. When he saw Blacknell on his porch the next day, he says he took the hot pan from his stove and threw it on the man.
Orlando police say Holley told them they should just arrest him because “next time I am going to kill him.”
Investigators say Blacknell is in the hospital with second and third-degree burns. He told them he was playing cards with Holley’s cousin when he was attacked.
Holley remains in the Orange County Jail, charged with attempted second-degree murder. Records do not list an attorney for him.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Yorkie On The Mend After Being Abandoned At Hollywood Police Department
- ‘Heartless’ Thieves Steal Trailer Filled With Toys For Kids Battling Cancer
- Police Suspect Murder-Suicide After 2 Bodies Found In Backyard Of Redland Home
- Daughter-In-Law Of Elderly Purse Snatching Victim: ‘I Hope These Kids Get What They Deserve’
- Miami Passport Office Closed Until Further Notice