Workers Experience Close Call With Lightning At S. Florida Airport
Get Breaking News First
Send Us Your Pictures
DANIA BEACH (CBSMiami) – The Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to a Delta terminal at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Thursday for two workers jolted by a lightning strike.
The workers were servicing an aircraft when the lightning strike took place nearby just after 5 p.m.
According to Fire Rescue, one of the workers complained of a headache and was transported to Broward Health Medical Center to be checked out.
The other worker reported arm pain that may have been a result of diving to the ground after the strike.
No aircraft or buildings were damaged.
- Local Helps Catch “Person Of Interest” In Missing Woman Case
- Body Found In Trunk Of Missing Woman’s Car, “Person Of Interest” Dead
- Wilton Manors Police Investigate Possible Hate Crime
- President Obama Arrives In Tampa For Talks On ISIL
- FBI Searching For Woman Who Robbed North Miami Bank