Workers Experience Close Call With Lightning At S. Florida Airport
Get Breaking News First
Send Us Your Pictures
DANIA BEACH (CBSMiami) – The Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to a Delta terminal at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Thursday for two workers jolted by a lightning strike.
The workers were servicing an aircraft when the lightning strike took place nearby just after 5 p.m.
According to Fire Rescue, one of the workers complained of a headache and was transported to Broward Health Medical Center to be checked out.
The other worker reported arm pain that may have been a result of diving to the ground after the strike.
No aircraft or buildings were damaged.
- FHP Searching For Tractor Trailer Involved In I-95 Crash
- Divers Rescue Man Trapped In Submerged Truck
- Man Injured In Pompano Beach Boat Explosion
- Man Found Shot On Pedestrian Bridge In El Portal
- BSO Investigating Crash Involving Train And Bicyclist