DANIA BEACH (CBSMiami) – The Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to a Delta terminal at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Thursday for two workers jolted by a lightning strike.
The workers were servicing an aircraft when the lightning strike took place nearby just after 5 p.m.
According to Fire Rescue, one of the workers complained of a headache and was transported to Broward Health Medical Center to be checked out.
The other worker reported arm pain that may have been a result of diving to the ground after the strike.
No aircraft or buildings were damaged.
- Flood Watch Issued In South Florida As Subtropical Storm Alberto Chugs Toward Gulf
- Subtropical Storm Alberto Meandering In Caribbean
- Soggy Weekend Ahead Thanks To Subtropical Storm Alberto
- Traffic Nightmare Ahead For Miami Beach During Memorial Day Weekend
- Publix Suspends Political Contributions Amid Protester “Die-in”