Workers Experience Close Call With Lightning At S. Florida Airport
Send Us Your Pictures
DANIA BEACH (CBSMiami) – The Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to a Delta terminal at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Thursday for two workers jolted by a lightning strike.
The workers were servicing an aircraft when the lightning strike took place nearby just after 5 p.m.
According to Fire Rescue, one of the workers complained of a headache and was transported to Broward Health Medical Center to be checked out.
The other worker reported arm pain that may have been a result of diving to the ground after the strike.
No aircraft or buildings were damaged.
- Broward Residents Brace For Heavy Rain From Erika’s Remnants
- Miami-Dade Leaders Discussing Storm & South Florida Impact
- Dade Residents Concern Over Remnants Of Erika Fizzling
- NHC: Erika Has Dissipated, Watches & Warnings Discontinued
- Cruise Lines Change Plans Due To TS Erika