Coral Gables Officer Involved In Deadly Police Shooting
South Florida Crime
NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) – Police are investigating an officer involved shooting that took place Thursday night.
According to a spokesperson with the Miami-Dade Police Department, the shooting involved a Coral Gables officer.
The department spokesperson added that both the Miami-Dade Police Department and the Coral Gables Police Department were working a joint investigation that led them to the area of NW 79 Street and NW 31 Avenue.
The man they were after allegedly may have been involved in crimes in their communities.
Watch Carey Codd’s report, click here.
At some point in the investigation one of the Coral Gables officers shot and killed a white male subject, police said.
The subject died at the scene.
Police said it is possible the vehicle the subject was in may have been used as a weapon during the confrontation between the man and the two agencies, but police are still sorting out those details.
No Miami-Dade officers fired their weapons, according to officials.
- Erika Appears To Be Dissipating, South Florida Out Of The Cone
- Women Walk To Promote Breastfeeding In Miami
- Tropical Storm Weakens, But Leaves 20 Dead In Caribbean
- 4 GOP Senate Candidates Address Republican Meeting
- Miami-Dade Residents Prep For Storm, Even If Its Disorganized