NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) – Police are investigating an officer involved shooting that took place Thursday night.
According to a spokesperson with the Miami-Dade Police Department, the shooting involved a Coral Gables officer.
The department spokesperson added that both the Miami-Dade Police Department and the Coral Gables Police Department were working a joint investigation that led them to the area of NW 79 Street and NW 31 Avenue.
The man they were after allegedly may have been involved in crimes in their communities.
Watch Carey Codd’s report, click here.
At some point in the investigation one of the Coral Gables officers shot and killed a white male subject, police said.
The subject died at the scene.
Police said it is possible the vehicle the subject was in may have been used as a weapon during the confrontation between the man and the two agencies, but police are still sorting out those details.
No Miami-Dade officers fired their weapons, according to officials.
- Heat Lose Game 2 In OT, Raptors Even Series
- Local Finds Airbag Did Him More Damage Than Good
- Trump Professes Love For Hispanics, Celebrates Cinco De Mayo With Taco Bowl
- Passengers Injured In Turbulence, Diverted To Ft. Lauderdale
- Born In America To Cuban Parents? Cuba Still Doesn’t See You As U.S. Citizen