DAVIE (CBSMiami) – The Miami Dolphins have agreed to terms on a contract with first-round pick Ja’Wuan James. James, who the Dolphins selected with the 19th overall pick in May’s NFL Draft, took to twitter to announce that he had signed his rookie deal with Miami.
“Happy to officially be apart of the @MiamiDolphins for many years to come #FinsUp,” was the message that James sent out to all of his twitter followers on Thursday afternoon along with a photo of himself signing his contract with a big smile on his face.
James is expected to be the Dolphins starting right tackle when the season begins in September and has been impressing throughout the teams organized team activities (OTAs) and Mini Camps.
The contract will be for four years with a team option for year five and will be worth around $8.4 million with a $4.4 million signing bonus.
That leaves Billy Turner as the only Dolphins draft pick left unsigned. Turner is an offensive lineman and was taken in the third round of the draft.
- Baker Mayfield Backtracks After “Get Me To Miami” Comment
- Big O Scouts Florida Players: Chad Thomas Shines At East-West Shrine
- Big O Scouts Potential Dolphins Prospects At East-West Shrine Game
- Dolphins Hire Eric Studesville As New Running Backs Coach
- Bills Hire Former Dolphins Offensive Coordinator Brian Daboll In Same Role