DAVIE (CBSMiami) – The Miami Dolphins have agreed to terms on a contract with first-round pick Ja’Wuan James. James, who the Dolphins selected with the 19th overall pick in May’s NFL Draft, took to twitter to announce that he had signed his rookie deal with Miami.
“Happy to officially be apart of the @MiamiDolphins for many years to come #FinsUp,” was the message that James sent out to all of his twitter followers on Thursday afternoon along with a photo of himself signing his contract with a big smile on his face.
James is expected to be the Dolphins starting right tackle when the season begins in September and has been impressing throughout the teams organized team activities (OTAs) and Mini Camps.
The contract will be for four years with a team option for year five and will be worth around $8.4 million with a $4.4 million signing bonus.
That leaves Billy Turner as the only Dolphins draft pick left unsigned. Turner is an offensive lineman and was taken in the third round of the draft.
- Dolphins Spending Week In Philadelphia To Practice With Eagles Before Thursday’s Preseason Game
- Knee Injury Could Keep Dolphins Guard Kraig Urbik From Playing In Season Opener
- Byron Maxwell: ‘Yes,’ Eagles Missed Me In 2016
- Dolphins Sign Free Agent Linebacker Rey Maualuga To One-Year Deal
- Ravens Handle Dolphins 31-7 In Jay Cutler’s Debut