FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Arrested for cocaine – again.
Former state legislator Mandy Dawson, 57, was taken into custody last Friday at her Daytona Beach home after a urine test showed cocaine in her system, according to the Sun-Sentinel.
Dawson is currently on probation after she pleaded guilty to federal tax evasion. She’s violated that probation twice already after testing positive for cocaine.
The former lawmaker served 16 years in both the state’s House and Senate. Her district stretched from Ft. Lauderdale to Palm Beach Gardens.
Last February U.S. District Judge Robert Scola ordered her to undergo therapy for drug addiction. She’s expected to go before Scola again soon.
- Depp’s ‘Alice’ Bombs At Box Office, Daughter Defends Him After Abuse Allegations
- Patient Claims Self-Defense In Death Of Hospital Roommate
- NORC Poll: High Interest, Low Excitement In White House Race
- Marlins Get First Victory Over Braves, Avoid Sweep
- Police: Man Kills Girlfriend, Himself In Kendale Lakes Home