FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Arrested for cocaine – again.
Former state legislator Mandy Dawson, 57, was taken into custody last Friday at her Daytona Beach home after a urine test showed cocaine in her system, according to the Sun-Sentinel.
Dawson is currently on probation after she pleaded guilty to federal tax evasion. She’s violated that probation twice already after testing positive for cocaine.
The former lawmaker served 16 years in both the state’s House and Senate. Her district stretched from Ft. Lauderdale to Palm Beach Gardens.
Last February U.S. District Judge Robert Scola ordered her to undergo therapy for drug addiction. She’s expected to go before Scola again soon.
- Clinton, Sanders Clash Over Minorities, Money And Obama
- Stray Dog Danger: 61-Year-Old Woman Attacked Shares Her Horror Story
- Robbers Force Delivery Men, Family To The Ground In Armed Home Invasion
- Customer Ambushed By Knife-Wielding Thief At Hollywood McDonald’s
- Arrest Made As Police Expand Search In High School Shooting