FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Arrested for cocaine – again.
Former state legislator Mandy Dawson, 57, was taken into custody last Friday at her Daytona Beach home after a urine test showed cocaine in her system, according to the Sun-Sentinel.
Dawson is currently on probation after she pleaded guilty to federal tax evasion. She’s violated that probation twice already after testing positive for cocaine.
The former lawmaker served 16 years in both the state’s House and Senate. Her district stretched from Ft. Lauderdale to Palm Beach Gardens.
Last February U.S. District Judge Robert Scola ordered her to undergo therapy for drug addiction. She’s expected to go before Scola again soon.
- Fernandez Makes Sick Woman’s Wish Come True Day Before Passing
- Golf Legend Arnold Palmer Dies At 87, Popularized Sport For Masses
- Charlotte Curfew Lifted, Protests Remain Peaceful At Panthers Game
- Hit & Run Leaves Skateboarder In Critical Condition
- Prado: Fernandez Told Teammate His Last Game Was His “Best Ever”