NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A report on the crash that seriously injured comedian Tracy Morgan and killed another man says the driver of a tractor-trailer was speeding before the crash.
The preliminary report released Thursday by the National Transportation Safety Board says trucker Kevin Roper was driving 65 mph at the time of the June 7 crash.
The report says that about a half-mile south of the crash on the northbound New Jersey Turnpike, signs advised drivers to slow from 55 mph to 45 mph because of construction ahead.
The truck plowed into Morgan’s limo van. Morgan is hospitalized in fair condition with a broken leg and other injuries.
Roper, who is from Jonesboro, Georgia, was driving the truck for Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart says its trucks are equipped with devices that limit speed to 65 mph.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ‘Survivor’ Castoff Debbie Speaks In Post-Elimination Interview
- Taste Of The Town: Old School Italy Has Arrived At This Miami Beach Eatery
- Jonathan Demme, ‘Silence Of The Lambs’ Director, Dead At 73
- Racial Discrimination Suit Against Fox News Expanded
- Johnny Depp’s Former Managers Call Him ‘Habitual Liar’