MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A fire crew rescued a 6-year old Labrador from a Pinecrest canal Thursday.
According to Miami-Dade Fire Department, they responded to a call of a dog swimming in a canal in the area of SW 84th Avenue and 64th Street.
The dog had apparently been swimming for a long time.
Watch the report, click here.
Lt. Eugene Germain and other firefighters rescued the dog by pulling the Labrador up, out of the water.
The lab was later taken to animal rescue. Firefighters hope the dog’s owner will come forward.
- Thousands Line Up For Free Holiday Food Baskets In Little Havana
- Meningitis Suspected Cause Of 2 Children’s Deaths At Downtown Miami Daycare Center
- Broward County Commissioners Take First Step Towards Suing Drug Companies Over Opioid Crisis
- Terminated Firefighters Fight To Keep Their Jobs After Racist Incident
- 3 Florida Men Charged With Animal Cruelty For Dragging Shark With Speed Boat